ST. ANDREW’S UNITED CHURCH
29 Smith Street East, Yorkton, SK S3N 0H3 | (306) 783-4157
Service to all as we grow together through God’s love.This community of faith seeks to be inclusive of all people.
Please make your request as soon as possible prior to your event. We may not be able to rent space requested if it is less than 30 days prior to your event.
Please use the online booking process. You may also download and complete the paper form and return it to the Church office. Your request will be reviewed to determine if we are able to accept your request.
We will not rent to any individual or group:
· that would promote hate, self-interest, or would exclude others because of age, race, class, gender, sexual orientation, or physical ability
· whose purpose is for partisan political activity
· whose primary purpose is to support, promote, or engage in gambling
It is prohibited to:
· smoke in any area of the building and within 10 metres of outside doors
· consume alcohol in the church building or on church property
· use illegal drugs in the church building or on church property
Requests for use of the facility are handled on a first come, first served basis.
Requests for use deemed outside the facility use policy will be sent to the church Leadership Team.
Long-term space renter fees will be negotiated by the finance committee in each case.
Everyone must be out of the building by 10:30 PM. At 11:00 PM the alarm system automatically arms.
If have booked a space and you will not be able to use it for that date, please contact the Church as soon as possible, to allow the facility to be booked by another organization.
Although we make every effort to work around unplanned, unexpected church functions such as funerals, etc., this could result in the cancellation of a previously planned and approved church or non-church function. If this occurs, all payments will be returned.
Due to fire regulations – all room capacities must be followed and are the responsibility of the renter
An elevator is available that reaches all levels of the Church – Use of the elevator is the responsibility of the user – instructions are provided
The entire facility is equipped with fire extinguishers and emergency lighting. Emergency exits are clearly marked with illuminated exit signs. If the fire alarm sounds, please exit the building immediately. Please assist anyone who may require help to leave the building. Do not use the elevator. Signage for exits and washrooms are clearly displayed.
CARE OF SPACE
All users will:
· care for all furnishings and fixtures
· observe economy of utilities
· not permit tossing of confetti or similar celebratory substances inside or outside of the building
· always ensure the welfare and safety of all users
· ensure the orderly conduct of its own members and their invitees
· an in-charge person must remain on-site during the event.
· ensure that children shall be supervised by an adult and not left alone in any areas of the building
· remove all items brought into from the facility by the end of the event
· report any damage or hazardous conditions to the church office as soon as possible
· return keys [if applicable]
· turn off all lights
· close and lock all exit doors
· only painter’s tape or sticky tack shall be used when attaching anything to a painted surface
· tacks, duct tape or nails are prohibited
It will be the responsibility of the individual in charge of any function to ensure that all areas are cleaned and returned to the condition as outlined below:
· wiping off and drying tables and chairs
· tables and chairs are to be returned to their original location
· all garbage must be cleaned up and placed in the garbage cans
· Leftover food to be taken home or placed in the garbage
· dirty dishes, utensils, cups, glasses, and appliances used to be washed and put away
· washrooms left in clean condition and ensure taps are off after event
Full Day or Concert – $275
Part Day – $125
Full Day or Concert – $150
Part – $75
Full Day – $150
Part Day – $75
Full Day – $75
Part Day – $40
$50 flat fee (any portion of a day)
$25 flat fee (any portion of a day)
Lower Hall Kitchen
$50 per event per day
$25 per event per day
No charge for use of appliances and equipment but user must provide all consumables
Full Day – $100
Part Day – $50
Full Day – $50
Part Day – $25
Upper Hall Kitchen
$30 per event per day
$20 per event per day
Use of Piano
$75.00 each per event per day for organizations. $50.00 per day for individual music teachers
$35.00 each per event per day for organizations. $25 per event per day for individuals
Sound System, DVD Player, Projector and Screen
$50.00 each per event per day
$25.00 each per event per day
Audio Visual Technician
$150 per day
Lost or Stolen Key
No charge if you do your own clean-up according to rental policy
Opening and Closing Fee per day
Long-term rentals may be provided with a key so fee would be waived.
Any rental charging admission: The room rate listed applies or 15% of ticket sales (whichever is greater). Other fees are above the 15% amount.
If the Church office agrees to sell tickets for event, 10% of ticket price each is paid to the church.
Non-profit rate applies to organizations with a Saskatchewan non-profit number or Federal charity number.
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE ONLINE BOOKING PAGE
© 2022 All rights Reserved. St. Andrew's United Church, Yorkton